Hello! I’m Emily, creator of this blog. Here are some facts about me:
- I am married to the most loving, patient, and generous man, Ted. We are approaching our 2 year anniversary this August
- I am “aunt” to the cutest Alaskan Klee Kai, Balto. He resides in San Francisco with my brother Jason and has the Instagram account @baltosf
- I am a graduate student living in Chicago
- Prior to school, I was a marketer for a large consumer product goods company
- I love international travels. In the last 2 years I have traveled to New Zealand, Fiji, Peru, Turkey, China, and Japan
- I am learning how to swim with the goal of completing a triathlon next year
- I watch way too much TV!
I have always wanted to launch a beauty and lifestyle blog, but fear stopped me. There are amazing bloggers whom I admire and they’ve set an extremely high bar. My family and friends gave me the courage to pursue this passion, and I am thankful for their support.
Why Ditch the Heels? The name fits my personality and the content of this blog. Ditch the Heels is about effortless beauty, self-confidence, adventures and explorations, and bliss.
Why beauty and lifestyle? My friends often come to me for makeup and skincare advice, and I could spend hours talking to them about different products and applications. I have a curious mind and strong desire to learn new things so I am constantly looking up things, from ingredients found in beauty products to self-taught calligraphy for my wedding invitations. I have a deep passion in photography and travel, and I want to improve my photography skills by practicing through this blog. This blog will contain content that inspires me, and I hope to share with you the joy and happiness. Most of us are extremely busy in our everyday lives so we get stuck in a routine. I am guilty of letting weeks or even months go by without working on a project that excites me. This blog is a way of keeping me in check, and I hope it inspires you to make time to do something you love!
Thank you for coming to this blog and I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions! Please follow Ditch the Heels on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and BlogLovin’ (all the links are in the icons)! You can also subscribe to new posts by email using the form on the sidebar.