I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow blogger Emily at Always Emily. Thank you so much! I am so honored! Honestly I never thought maintaining a blog would take up so much time. I started my blog 3 weeks ago during the middle of finals and thought I’ll have more time during summer break, but it has been difficult with a full-time job. Most days I am up by 6m and don’t get home until 8 or 9pm. I’ve been working really hard on content and I’m so touched by the kindness of the blogging community. It has been so much fun discovering new blogs and making new friends. Thank you for the warm welcome!
There are four rules to stick to when you have been nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2. Answer the questions provided by the nominator
3. Nominate and link ten bloggers that have less than two hundred followers
4. Create 10 questions for the nominees to answer
My answers to questions asked by nominator Emily:
1. What is your favourite quality about yourself?
I’ve always been very ambitious. It pushes me to set high goals and to pursue my dreams.
2. If you had only 24 hours left to live, how would you spend it?
The activity doesn’t matter to me, it’s the people that matters, so I would want to spend it with my family.
3. What are three things on your bucket list?
Complete a triathlon, travel all over Europe, meet J.K. Rowling
4. Would you rather give up television or music for a month?
Give up music
5. What’s your favourite movie line or scene?
Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant in “Notting Hill. Roberts plays a movie star who falls in love with a simple Englishman. He becomes intimidated by her fame, to which she responds, “I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.”
6. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would you choose and why?
I don’t have one in mind right now, but definitely something inspirational and uplifting.
7. What’s your earliest childhood memory?
My brother and I used to climb this tree near our apartment. We spent so much time up there and had the best time just hanging out. After we moved away to another state, we went back to visit the tree years later and climbed it one last time time.
8. What is one quote or saying that you live by?
The quote with the biggest impact on me is by Sheryl Sandberg: “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” I think about that all the time, and it motivates me to try. This blog is the perfect example of living by that!
9. What is the worst haircut you have ever had?
Thankfully nothing that terrible, but prior to high school my mom would always cut my hair and it was always just a straight cut.
10. What would you consider the most valuable thing you own?
All of my pictures–especially my wedding album that I created. It beautifully captured the best day of my life.
I nominate (in alphabetical order):
- What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
- What’s something your close friends and family would be surprised to find out about you?
- What is your dream job?
- What’s the best compliment someone could give you?
- What cheers you up?
- Describe your idea of the perfect date.
- What food would you want to eat for the rest of your life?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
- What are three things you always carry in your purse (not counting your phone and credit cards)?
- What is your favorite makeup or skincare brand, and why?
I cannot wait to read all of your answers. Thank you again, Emily, for the nomination!!!