I am back in Minnesota for the long MLK weekend and the high today is -7 degrees Fahrenheit! If you live in cold climate, it is especially important to take care of your skin in the winter. People often experience dry, itchy and dull skin in the winter, but the good news is there are lots of products out there to help! The two essential steps are to exfoliate and moisturize. During the winter months, I change up my skincare products in these steps. Here are some of my favorite products:
Exfoliate: The Key to Glowing Skin
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque – This Amazonian clay cleansing mask is ideal for normal to oily skin to draw out oil, dirt, and toxins that clog the pores. It also helps eliminate dead skin so the skin will look clear and renewed.
- Sara Happ Lip Scrub – My lips get very dry in the winter. Even though I always apply lip balm (best lip mask ever), dead skin block absorption so it is important to use a scrub to remove all of the dead skin to ensure products can sink in. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs because it is gentle on my skin.
Moisturize: Deep Hydration
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster – An antioxidant-rich brightening and nourishing serum that contains vitamin C. Vitamin C support natural collagen production, brighten, and minimize fine lines. I apply this only in the morning, followed by an SPF moisturizer.
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil – This is absolutely my favorite skincare product that has made a difference on my skin during the winter. It took me a while to try it out because I was worried about applying oil on my face, but this is a lightweight oil that deeply hydrate and treat skin, hair, and nails.
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask – This was a new discovery last month and I have been using it every night. It is an overnight, quick-absorbing gel that strengthens the skin barrier by locking in moisture. It contains the blend of 9 essential oils to create a smoothing effect. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels hydrated and plump. I also love applying a couple pumps of this right before a flight.
Those are my winter must-haves. Let me know your favorite winter skincare products!