Minnesota is awful in the winter, so I had to leave. Instead of creating New Year’s resolutions this year, I created a bucket list specifically for the Bay Area to encourage me to go out and explore during our first year of living in the Bay Area. Here is my top 10 list!
- Half Moon Bay – Great hiking spots and seafood restaurants
- Yosemite National Park – May and June are great months to visit to see the waterfalls
- Lake Tahoe – Combines mountain and beach activities in the summer
- Big Sur Coast – Absolutely stunning; my husband once said the cattle in Big Sur must be the happiest in the world
- Napa and Sonoma
- S’mores and bonfires year round on my brother’s rooftop
- Hop on the swing on Billy Goat Hill – Instagram worthy picture
- Paddle boarding in Marin
- Listen to music in Golden Gate Park
- Outdoor brunch
If you have any suggestions for places to visit within driving distance of San Francisco, please leave a note below!